The major issue I felt for after doing the makeup done is to remove it. I don’t know why I feel so much lethargic to remove makeup although I know how important it is for my skin. But anyways, I have to do it and with a proper ritual. I have to put on quite heavy makeup for photo shoots in regular basis. So removing my makeup properly is a very important part of my life. When I started planning to write this post, I just sat down and counted how many makeup removers I have already used. Trust me, the list was so long and choosing only 5 from them was a tough job (but I have to 😛 ). Here are those 5 which I have mainly chosen for their work, price and availability:
1. Kielhs Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil – Kielhs Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing oil is my absolute favourite and it is in my top list for at least last 2 years. This ultra light weight oil takes off all the impurities from your face leaving it soft and clean. This non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic oil cleanses my skin from deep inside leaving any oil residue. It is very easy to use and works so effectively on stubborn makeup leaving a soothing effect onto the skin. If you are planning to invest on a high-end cleaning oil for normal to dry skin type then this is the perfect choice for you. It retails for Rs. 3200 for 175 ml bottle.
Click HERE to read a full review of Kiehls Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil.
2. Organic Harvest Active Damage Control Cleanser – This one is my another favourite. I mainly use this when my skin feels more oily (my skin type is combination) or in summers. It comes with soft and silicon bristles to massage all over the face gently. This foaming cleanser is perfect for normal to oily skin. The fragrance is very mild yet refreshing. It gives a nice shine onto the skin just after using this and deeply cleanses the pore. It priced for Rs. 1495 for 150 ml bottle.
Click HERE to read a full review of Organic Harvest Active Damage Control Cleanser.
3. Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover – As the name shows, this product is mainly for removing eye makeup. But I couldn’t resist myself from including this. This is such an amazing product even I might say this is one of the best eye makeup remover till the date. Kiehls Midnight Recovery Botanical Cleansing Oil does pretty much good work when it comes to eye makeup removing. But believe me just couple of swipes and takes off all the eye makeup so effortlessly. It is perfect for waterproof mascara. It has gentle bi-phase textures which I love the most. It costs Rs. 1150 for 200 ml bottle.
4. Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water – If you are looking for a perfect budget friendly makeup remover then Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water is the perfect option to choose. And if you are a college going girl then nothing like that. Because it works so effectively, easy to use, travel friendly and pocket friendly as well. Although it is good for removing lighter coverage foundation or BB cream rather than heavy coverage foundation. This is ideal for daily use and suitable for all skin type including sensitive skin type. It prices Rs. 175 for 125 ml.
5. Himalaya Herbals Refreshing Cleansing Milk – This is my favourite last makeup removing product. It comes in thick milky texture which I generally prefer for winters when my skin really needs some more moisture. This works excellently to remove all the makeup and makes skin soft and supple. The price is very affordable , Rs. 83 for 100 ml product. Himalaya Herbals Refreshing Cleansing Milk is the best choice if you are searching for a makeup remover under Rs. 100 with easy availability option.
So these are my top 5 makeup removers which I love the most and can restock without thinking for a second! 🙂 🙂 Do let me know if you tried any of these.
Photographs courtesy: Swarnendu Ghosh
I hope you enjoyed the post. Write me at email@example.com