Quinoa is a great food option if you are into gluten-free diet or if you simply want to include some healthy nutrients into your diet, you could definitely add Quinoa in your diet. Quinoa seeds are rich in protein, dietary fiber, B vitamins, and dietary minerals and is totally gluten-free because of the high concentration of protein. I have taking quinoa for around 5 months now and I felt like it’s a bit annoying to cook in normal stream container when you are in a hurry. So I made this ‘faster version’. I hope it will help you in some way.
Here’s the recipe:
You can watch the video HERE.
1 Cup Raw Quinoa.
1 Tea Spoon Virgin Coconut Oil.
1/2 Tea Spoon Mustard Seeds.
1 Tea Spoon Organic Turmeric Powder.
Pink Himalayan Salt as per the taste.
- Take 1 cup of quinoa and wash it 4 to 5 times. Wash it thoroughly unless you get the clear water.
2. Quiona has a coating which contains Saponins which taste bitter. So if you do not wash it properly it may taste bitter after cooking.
3. Soak it for good 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Take a pressure cooker.
5. Put 1 teaspoon of Virgin Coconut oil. You can add any other virgin or wood pressed oil, like, mustard oil, groundnut oil or sesame oil etc. according to your taste and availability.
6. Add 1/2 tea spoon of mustard seeds.
7. When the mustard seeds start to splutter add soaked quinoa and fry it for a minute.
8. When the quinoa starts to sound like spluttering, add 2 cups of water. So the ratio would be 1:2 which means 1 cup of quinoa and 2 cups of water.
9. Add 1 tea spoon Organic Turmeric Powder and Pink Himalayan Salt as per the taste. You can use regular salt as well.
Cover it and let 2 whistles to come.
Switch off the flame and let it cool down and depressurised itself.
This nutrient dense, healthy, gluten free, weight loss food is perfect for dinner or lunch. Do try and let me know.
I hope you enjoyed the post. Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org