I have been into some serious dilemma when I thought to bring changes into my life and trust me it was not at all an easy one. Because of my hectic work life, my personal life and so many endless issues. And yes, those are ‘Issues’ and can be resolved. Issues are great until it becomes our bad habits. ‘Issues’ are something that comes and goes in its own manner into our lives but some simple habits can really make your life easier and healthy.
So here I’m sharing those habits with you all that changed my life:
1. Cleaning Everyday – Few months back cleaning was always bothersome for me. I always thought to clean a particular place of my house tomorrow and trust me there was no such tomorrow. I used to be depend on someone else to clean my house and the way they did I didn’t satisfy me at all. So what’s the point of doing that? Then in the course of change of my lifestyle, I have started cleaning my house myself. On the very first day of cleaning the satisfaction what I found it was so refreshing and I felt so good about that. Afterwards each day in a particular time I clean my house. Not the entire house but every day a specific place in house and while cleaning I try to confined myself into that only.
2. Meditation – It is truly the toughest battle when you have a baby and you have to meditate. For me initially it was a struggle 😀 . Whenever I start meditating my daughter came to me and asked for playing. So I have started meditating in the morning when she sleeps and it was a real change for my life. Meditation changed the entire game of my life. Meditation is a surreal feeling. Concentrating on your breath and relaxing your mind make your mind so strong and full enthusiasm. It gives me energy, patience and concentration like never before. This habit is the best way to change your lifestyle. Only 30 minutes of meditation can change your life.
3. Spending More Time With My Family – I’m always a family person. I love my family like everybody does. But so many things around me made me spend less ‘enjoying’ time and not ‘responsible’ time with my family. But I have changed it. As I’m a freelancer I can spend good hours in my home and in that time I started spending time randomly with my family rather than scrolling feeds of social media. It is a great feeling and full of enthusiasm.
4. Reading Everyday – I have been a book-addict since my childhood but gradually reading books became an occasion for me. Personal life, professional life made me so involved that reading books becoming an extravagance habit of my life which really frustrated me each day.
So I have planned my whole day in such a way that every morning while having my morning coffee, I read for an hour and it made a huge change into my life. That time is one of the best time of the day.
5. Morning Coffee – I have changed my morning tea into coffee and it’s the best decision I’ve ever taken. I used to have tea in the morning but couple of months back I have changed my habit. Started taking coffee (Click HERE to read my healthy coffee recipe). This gives me energy and helps me to work around the day. Back to those days I usually took 5 to 6 cups of tea every day which I reduced. Now I’m taking one cup of green tea every evening. It not only helps me to increase my metabolism but also helps me to get clearer skin.
6. Eating Healthy – It is a huge change into my life. There are so many changes that I included into my life and I experienced great changes. I started my morning with my homemade health drink which helped me to get rid of my stubborn migraine. No medicines could cure me and I became helpless. This health drink is the only thing which cured me. I started taking most my foods organic p. Another thing which changed my lifestyle is leaving refined oil from my and family’s diet. I’m currently using only unrefined cold pressed coconut oil, mustard oil and sometimes groundnut oil. Adding more nutrients and health beneficiary ingredients into our diet. These not only make you physically healthy but also mentally as well.
7. Using Hygienic Utensils – As I told you earlier I have changed my food habits entirely, this also tends me to change my utensils usage. I started using iron utensils for more iron absorption in food. I stopped using non-stick utensils and reduced to microwave oven usage as less as I can. I’m also planning to include some cast iron pans, kadai and clay pots in my kitchen.
8. Specific Working Hours – As a freelancer I have never been into a fixed working hour. I love to write, create content and these made me to work whenever something clicked on my mind. Now I have started to give a dedicate time to my work when no one bothers me and on that particular time I only concentrate on my work, nothing else. It made a huge difference into my productivity growth. My productivity became more than before and it’s the best satisfactory part.
9. Everyday Workout – I always been into regular workout but earlier I felt really lagged to workout everyday. One thing which also demotivated me was to go gym everyday. I couldn’t find the courage to be consistent with gym and it also made me self-reproach. So in my new habit, I have stopped going to gym. I started going for a walk everyday and do light weight trainings in my home. I have stopped depending on any equipment and believe me it wasn’t a failure. I have lost 12 kg in 2 months and 15 days.
10. Reducing Plastic Usage – It’s not an easy job but I’m gradually infusing biodegradable ingredients in my life. This really gives me great satisfaction. It’s not possible in few days because we can help ourselves but can’t help our society. Everyone can’t be responsible but little steps can make huge change. I’m carrying fabric bags or jute bags whenever I’m going to local shops or vendors come.
Remember one thing, self-love is not a crime and you need to take care of yourself to take care of others. So love yourself, give some pampering session to yourself and respect yourself.
You can watch the video HERE:
Photographs courtesy: Swarnendu Ghosh
I hope you enjoyed the post. Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org
[efb_likebox fanpage_url=”rudritafashion” box_width=”300″ box_height=”” locale=”en_US” responsive=”1″
show_faces=”1″ show_stream=”0″ hide_cover=”0″ small_header=”1″ hide_cta=”0″ ]