Healthy lifestyle starts with healthy food habits. If you are planning to start a healthy lifestyle soon or you simply want to include some healthy foods into your diet then this post is perfectly for you. In today’s post I’m sharing 3 Gluten Free Healthy recipes which are so budget friendly.
Roasted Chickpea Salad:
Chickpeas are high in protein and keep you fuller for long time. So this salad is made out of some simple ingredients and it tastes absolutely delicious.
Overnight soaked & boiled chickpeas – 1 Cup
Chopped Onion – 1/2 cup
Chopped Tomato – 1/2 Cup
Lemon juice (freshly squeezed) – 1 Tablespoon
Chopped Coriander – 2 Tablespoons
Chopped green chilies – To taste
Salt – To taste
Homemade Roasted Masala – 1 Teaspoon
- Take a cast iron pan or tawa and roast the boiled chickpeas.
2. Take the chickpeas in a bowl and let it cool down. Add onions, tomatoes, green chilies, lemon juice, homemade roasted masala, coriander leaves and salt.
3. Mix everything very well.
Enjoy it as breakfast, dinner or lunch.
One Pot Recipe: Rajmaish (Rajma + Khawaish)
‘Khawaish’ or خواہش is a Persian word which means aspire. I named this recipe thus as it meets all the demands on the measuring scale of a ‘healthy food’. This one pot recipe is high in protein, full in fibre, vitamins, minerals and low in calories. But it tastes incredible and so easy to make which I guess is everyone’s ‘ Khawaish’. 🙂 Rajma or Red Bean is the main ingredient of this recipe, I made this ‘ Rajmaish’.
Palakkad Matta Rice or brown rice – 1 cup
Soaked and boiled Red bean – 1/2 cup
Chopped Onion – 2 Tablespoons
Chopped Tomato – 2 Tablespoons
Ginger Paste – 1 Teaspoon
Garlic Paste – 1 Teaspoon
Curry Leaves – 10 to 12 leaves.
Black Pepper Powder – 1 Teaspoon
Wood pressed groundnut oil – 1 Teaspoon
Green cardamom – 1
Salt – To taste
- Heat the pan and add Groundnut oil.
2. Then add green cardamom and chopped onion.
3. Add ginger paste,garlic paste and tomatoes. Fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add rice and mix well.
5. Add 1 and 1/2 cups of water.
6. Add black pepper powder and salt.
7. Cover and let it for 10 minutes.
8. Open the lid and check the rice is done.
9. Add red beans and curry leaves.
10. Mix well and let it covered for 5 minutes.
Perfect for lunch and dinner.
Chicken Bites With Veggies:
It’s a full meal for breakfast or dinner. A healthy yet delicious and colourful recipe to make happy your taste buds and soul.
Carrot – 1 peeled and sliced into 1/4 inches thick ‘fries’
Beans – sliced into 1/2 inches length
Semi boiled Potatoes – sliced into 1/2 inches thick ‘fries’
Boneless Boiled Chicken – sliced into 1/2 inches thick
Wood pressed groundnut oil – 1 Tablespoon
Red Chilli Powder – To taste
Black Pepper Powder – 1 Tablespoon
Salt – To taste
Lime – 1/2
1. Take a cast iron pan, heat it and add groundnut oil.
2. Now sauté all the vegetables and chicken adding red chilli powder, black pepper powder and salt.
3. Switch off the flame.
4. Add lime juice and coriander leaves and serve hot.
Best breakfast, lunch or dinner options.
Photographs courtesy: Swarnendu Ghosh
I hope you enjoyed the post. Write me at firstname.lastname@example.org