Continuing to my ‘Malaysian’ escape, here is another one when I spent days at the South China Sea Beach. It’s about 3 hours on a bus from Johor Bahru, Malaysia. The bus journey ends up at Jetty Mersing and from there about 30 minutes speed boat ride. Rawa Island is on the east coast of Malaysia. It is a private island owned by family of the Sultanate of Johor which makes the full sense of how cozy and luxurious it is.
This coral island is one of the best island I have ever seen in my little life 😀 . Blue South China Sea, white sand and an idyllic beach- a perfect vacation to spend. Palm trees are something which always attract me in beaches and it is dotted here and there in this beach. South China Sea is calm and soft and thus waves are smooth, quiet and charming. The place is full of relaxing environment and peace. I enjoyed every minute of my trip to this place. So here you go with some personal tips of mine…
Tips to go Rawa:
- Boats and ferries depart from Marsing regularly. It costs around RM35 to RM45.
- Ferry services between Mersing and Tioman Island can make a stop at Rawa on request. It costs RM45 each way and ferries leave tourists for 2 hours between 9.30 a.m to 5.30 p.m.
- The departure time depends on availability of boats, tidal conditions and the size of your group. So make sure keep sufficient time in hand.
- Do not wear heels while traveling to Rawa as the speed boats may have water inside which makes the boats slippery. It may let you fall! Wear comfortable flats.You can wear heels any time after reaching the place obviously!
- Keep the travel medical kit well equipped before departure for Rawa. After all that’s island!
- The island is full of natural beauties. You can see peacocks roam around here and there in the island. Sometimes they even enter to the resort room or balcony. So always try to keep your room locked (Although I love peacocks and it was an amazing experience to see them so closely so naturally.) .
- Carry sunscreen, bikinis, sunglasses, sarongs and slippers at least. Try to wear natural fabrics or cotton as you would be directly exposed to sun.
- Finally, the place is very clean and well maintained. Don’t throw away your wastes wherever you feel like and spoil its beauty.
What to do in Rawa?
Best ways to enjoy this island is just keep your phone and internet connection aside and enjoy the beauty of South China Sea. Feel the grains of white sand, enjoy sun tan and listen to the language of sea waves. Spend hours in sea or simply enjoy the sunset relaxing in the beach. If you are a water sports lover then it’s perfect for you. Snorkel along the natural coral reef just a couple of meters from the shore. Beside this you can enjoy diving or a bit of sea kayaking. From kids, honeymooners to elderly people, it’s a place for everybody to cherish.
How to reach Rawa Island?
Senai International Airport is located near Johor which is approximately 32 km north-west of the city centre. This airport is well connected with different cities and countries. Senai airport is a hub for AirAsia. AirAsia flies directly from Kolkata to Johor Bahru. Johor is well connected with Kuala Lumpur by flights, buses, trains and taxis. Mersing is about 3 hours on bus from Johor and from there speed boat to Rawa Island.
When to go?
Rawa Island closes from November to March for monsoon season. Other than that it’s good to go anytime. Tidal conditions may vary the trip plan. So make sure to check the weather forecast before departure.
Rawa Island is a place which should be experienced once in a lifetime. For me, it is a piece of heaven on earth which God crafted so artistically and intricately.
Lip colour – ColourPop Lipstick (Shade – Ziggie)
Photographs by Me.
My photographs courtesy: Bhargav
I hope you enjoyed the post. Write me at email@example.com
Stay Connected With Me Over Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | Pinterest
Stay Connected With AirAsia Over Twitter | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube
Stay Connected With Johor Tourism Over Twitter | Facebook | Instagram
[efb_likebox fanpage_url=”rudritafashion” box_width=”300″ box_height=”” locale=”en_US” responsive=”1″
show_faces=”1″ show_stream=”0″ hide_cover=”0″ small_header=”1″ hide_cta=”0″ ]